Disaster Assistance Registration Flyer
August 17, 2023 - Update
President Biden approved the Illinois Disaster Declaration that makes federal funding available to Cook County residents affected by severe storms and flooding between June 29 and July 2, 2023.
Disaster Survivors and businesses who sustained damages in Cook County can begin applying for Disaster Assistance:
- Calling 800-621-3362 (FEMA)
- Apply online at disasterassistance.gov
- Using the FEMA App FEMA APP or FEMA APP on GOOGLE PLAY
- Disaster Recovery Centers will be open in Cook County within the next several weeks for more opportunities for disaster survivors to engage with FEMA representatives on the disaster application process. These centers will accept in-person submissions of Disaster Assistance Applications.
- Anyone who lives anywhere in Cook County and sustained damages from the storms or flooding between June 29, 2023, and July 2, 2023, is eligible to apply.
- You don't need to have a preliminary damage report on file to apply.
Disaster Declaration Process
Please see the attached Stickney Disaster Declaration from the storms of July 1 thru 3
Click here for Declaration
July 26 FEMA Update
July 31, 2023 Update
A message from Vincent Acevez, Deputy Director of Operations, Cook County DEMRS:
Joint Damage Assessments in the communities were completed on Saturday, July 30th. Data was compiled that was needed and we are optimistic that we are working towards our goal of receiving Individual Assistance for our Cook County residents.
- IEMA is currently preparing our information to present to Governor Pritzker.
- Once Governor Pritzker receives and signs the packet, he will forward it to President Biden.
- President Biden will then decide whether to declare a disaster.
- If President Biden declares a disaster, FEMA will be deployed to Cook County to establish Disaster Recovery Centers to assist residents in receiving Individual Assistance.
We continue working closely with our colleagues at IEMA and FEMA to ensure the process continues moving forward and will update you on any developments as they come.